Effective Date: August 2018
This Policy explains which personal data we (OXO Technology, SL) collect and how we use such personal data when you use the OXO website (www.oxotechnology.com) and/or any of OXO’s online or mobile products, OXO hardware or software, or other services (“Services”).
When you access, browse, or use the Services, information will be collected, transferred, processed, stored, and disclosed in accordance with this Policy (“Policy”). This Policy governs the information collection and disclosure practices for the Services. By accessing, browsing, or using the Services, including registering an account with Services, you expressly consent to the collection, transfer, use, processing, and storage of your information (including personal information), as described in this Policy.
- When this Policy applies
The following Services are subject to this Policy:
- OXO ID account
- Any service you can log into using your OXO ID account
- Any other OXO Services this Policy is attached to
- Information We collect
We collect your personal information when you sign up and/or when you use our Services:
- Upon signing up: you will be asked for several personal details that are necessary to create your account and offer you our Services. Some of these fields are marked as compulsory. If you do not provide us with information which is marked as compulsory we may be unable to provide the Services to you. Additional personal details may voluntarily be provided by you.
- When you use our Services, either if you previously signed up for them or not, we will collect and process personal information regarding your use of such Services to improve your overall experience.
2.1. Information you Provide to OXO
(a) Registration and Login. Certain Services require you to register for an account and/or log in using credentials. You can register for an account from our account registration system or a third-party site or service such as Facebook (“Account”). When you register for an Account you may be asked to provide some personally identifiable information, such as your full name, email address, phone number, camera SN code and a username and password that you select. When you are asked to create an Account using your credentials from a third-party site or service, you will be asked for your username, password, and other information to verify that you have an account with the third-party site or service. When you provide credentials for a third-party site or service, we may use those credentials to obtain information about you from that third party.
(b) Product Set Up. In order to use certain products such as our camera products, you will need to associate the product with your Account following the directions provided with the product. When you associate a product with your Account you will need to provide Wi-Fi network information (this may include username and password) to OXO mobile applications (“OXO App” or “OXO Apps”). Once a product is associated with your Account it will remain associated until you unbind the product from your Account or terminate your Account. The Wi-Fi network user name and password may be saved in your OXO Apps or your OXO products but it will not be sent to Services or OXO.
(c) Product Details, Product Usage and Support History. This is information about your OXO products (such as product model, serial number and purchase date), of how you set up and use your OXO products (e.g., camera settings) and our Services, as well as details on your Customer Service, Warranty and Repairs interactions with OXO.
Some of the information under this category does not qualify as personal information, but we will apply any necessary safeguards to ensure as well the privacy of this information. We will process this data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with more useful information, more relevant content and offers, and latest news about products and events.
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve products and services, and to develop new ones.
- To help solve any issues you might have with OXO products and Services.
(d) Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, about your use of the Services, we may save the information in a profile specific to you.
(d) Social Media Applications. You may choose to share information with third-parties such as social networking Sites like Facebook (“Social Sites”) by “sharing” videos and photos.
(e) Files. This category includes images that you upload to OXO Services, and their relevant descriptions and metadata, some of which may include personal information. We will use this information for the following purposes:
- To improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services:
- To provide customers with more useful information, more relevant content and offers, and latest news about products and events.
(f) Community Chatter/Comments/Forum Posts. This section comprises any content submitted by you through OXO’s online channels and forums, which is processed for the following purposes:
- To help solve any issues you might have
- To protect our users and OXO
(g) Settings and Preferences. Certain OXO Services allow you to specify your personal preferences (e.g., preferred language). Users may also specify their privacy preferences with regards to things like receiving marketing communications.
We use this information to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services.
(h) Purchase Information. This comprises information about goods and services you buy through OXO Services, for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve products and services, and to develop new ones.
- To send important notices, such as communications about purchases or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will not process or store your bank or credit/debit card details used when purchasing goods and services through OXO Services. Payments for purchases will be completed through third-party payment platforms. Your banking details will not be shared with OXO.
2.2. Information OXO Automatically Collect.
We will collect some information about you and any product or device you use to access or use the Services automatically using a variety of technologies. In general, automatically collected information about the use of Services does not directly identify you and the information may include your diagnostic log information, IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the actions performed in the OXO App, the info (OS type/version, network, etc.) of the phone which the OXO App was installed, and the date and time. We collect this information for the purposes described in this Policy, including to better understand our customer base and to improve the quality of our Services.
(a) Video Transmission. The primary mode of transmission of video from our OXO camera products to our OXO Apps is through a point-to-point direct connection. When encountering unreliable point-to-point network conditions, the OXO camera product may opt to relay videos through our servers to the mobile app to achieve optimal viewing experience. In each scenario, both videos and the transmission channel are securely encrypted. The role of our servers is only to act as a relay agent, and they do not store video content transmitted to or through them in connection with our provision of Services.
(c) Video/Picture Content. In general, OXO does not view, monitor or in any way see your video or picture content except with your permission and authorization and only in regard to technical support issues.
2.3. Information OXO receives from Third Parties.
When you use social login, we retrieve basic profile information from your chosen social identity provider for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and assist with the identification of users:
- If you sign up to our Services using a social media site, we receive basic profile information like your name, age range and country of residence.
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve products and Services, and to develop new ones:
- We may use social network identifiers if you are automatically syncing content from that site, such as adding photos to online photo storage services from Facebook.
2.4 Cookies and other technologies
Cookies and similar technologies (e.g., web beacons) are small pieces of information used to store technical and/or personal details, identify users of a service and enable certain functionalities. To learn more about the cookies used by our Services and how to reject them, please visit our Cookies Policy.
- Uses of the Personal Information Collects
3.1. General. We may use your personally identifiable information (including tracking information) to manage your Account. We may also use it to operate, maintain, and improve the Services (including providing you a more personal experience); communicate with you; provide you information about products and Services (including products and services of third parties); market; research purposes; resolve disputes; collect fees owed; detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; assist law enforcement; enforce this Policy and any the terms related to our Services; and any other purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
3.2. Email Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications related to your Account or the Services, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional. We may also send you marketing emails, surveys, or newsletters to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. You can opt out of marketing email in this way but you will continue to receive service related emails as they are a fundamental part of the services.
2.3. Non-identifiying Information. We may use non-identifying information for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business and the Services.
2.4. Retaining Your Information. In general, we will retain your information as long as legally required or allowed. If you cancel your Account or your Account is otherwise terminated, we may but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from third parties and we may continue to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. But you can delete your account information manually, and it will be purged from our system.
- When and with whom we share your information
Except as set out in this policy or where you have provided your consent, the personal information processed when you use our Services will not be shared with or disclosed to other individuals or businesses, for their own use, other than OXO group companies.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties for the purposes described here:
- Vendors or other subcontractors with whom we have a business relationship and who provide products and services to us so that we can provide our Services to you (such as warehousing and delivery, software development, website hosting and management);
- Third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, which carry out marketing campaigns or run customer surveys on our behalf;
- Payment processing companies, credit reference agencies and anti-fraud screening service providers in order to process payments and (where necessary) to carry out fraud-screening;
- With our professional and legal advisers for the purposes of obtaining commercial, financial or legal advice;
- In the event that we sell any business assets, personal information may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In these circumstances, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this Policy;
- In exceptional circumstances, personal information may be shared with third parties, such as the police and regulatory authorities, to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, staff and assets;
- We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation in any jurisdiction, including where that obligation arises as a result of a voluntary act or decision by us (e.g., our decision to operate in a country or a related decision).
Your personal information may be shared by and between OXO and other OXO group companies in order to provide our Services to you.
- Links to and OXO Content on other Websites
The OXO Websites may contain links to other websites that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. This includes links of advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. In addition, OXO content or widgets may be included on web pages and websites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These other websites may send their own cookies to your Device, and they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information. A link from any OXO Website to any other website does not mean that Sony approves of, endorses, or recommends that website. OXO provides such links for your convenience and is not responsible for the content of any website linked to or from any OXO Website. Moreover, OXO is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party, and it disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability, or validity of any content on any other website.
- How we protect your information
Keeping secure personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. When you provide information to the Services, you do so at your own risk.
- Intended Age
Our Services are only available to those who are the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Access and use of our Services by anyone under the age of majority is only permitted with the express permission of a parent or legal guardian.
- Marketing Communications
If you provided your consent when signing up to our Services, or at a later stage, OXO and/or other OXO group companies will use your personal information for marketing purposes and to inform you about other products and services, which OXO thinks might be of interest for you. You can specify whether you wish to receive such information by ticking the appropriate box in your registration form.
You will be able to opt out from receiving such information at any time by editing your emailing preferences of your account or by unsubscribing using a link provided in all applicable communications. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (for example, to confirm an order you have made or to confirm delivery details).
- How to exercise your rightsIn order to delete your data, you need to sign into the OXO ID website on www.oxotechnology.com and delete your account. Note that after the deletion of your personal information, it cannot be recovered by you and any data and content stored on the Services will also be permanently deleted. We will also delete your personal information once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note that we will not delete your personal information where it relates to an active relationship or a product or service explicitly requested by you (e.g., a recent purchase made at a OXO Services).
If you do not want your information accessed or stored as described in this Policy, you should not access, use, or register an Account with the Services.
- Changes to Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy. We recommend that you check our website from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies.
- Privacy Questions
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.