This policy describes the categories of cookies that we use (and used by our partners), what they are used for, and how you can change your preferences.
What are ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small bites of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Every time you revisit our website, your web browser sends these cookies back to us so that we can customise your experience to better match your interests and preferences, or to simply facilitate your signing in to use our services.
Please note that the cookies we use can’t harm your computer. OXO does not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in the cookies we use, but we do use encrypted information gathered from cookies to help us to improve your experience of our website. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine the related products to show you when you’re browsing our sites.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies we use allow us to recognise each returning consumer and their relevant information so that you do not need to input the same information more than once. Take a look at some of the types of cookies that are used across our website:
We may use essential cookies in order to enable you to receive the services that you request via our website. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided.
For example, these cookies may be used to:
- Allow you to access secure areas of our website without having to continually log in to the service
- Remember previous actions you have taken (such as completing an online form) when navigating back to a page in the same sesión
- Operate and remember the items that you place in your ‘shopping basket’ when using the online store
Performance cookies modules
We may use performance cookies to collect information about how our website, advertisements and email communications are used and to flag to us if an error occurs. These cookies may be used to collect quite detailed technical information such as the last visited Page, the number of pages visited, whether or not email communications are opened, which parts of our website or email communication are clicked on and the length of time between clicks. While this information may be associated with details such as your IP address, domain or browser information, it is analysed only in aggregate with information from other users and not in a way that would directly identify you.
We may access referral cookies that are sent to your device by the websites of our business partners. These cookies are used to identify each time our business partners refer someone to our website and whether or not that person’s visit results in the purchase of a OXO product or service.
This information may be disclosed to our business partners, but only in an anonymous manner and not in a way that would directly identify you.
We use this information to meet our contractual obligations to our business partners and to assist them in improving the effectiveness of their websites.
We may use functional cookies that are not essential but enable various helpful features on our website.
For example, these cookies may be used on our website to:
- Remember the preferences that you selected on a previous visit to our website, such as, country/language, your interests and the presentation of our website (for instance, layout, font size, colours, etc), so you do not have to tell us again
- Remember answers to questions our website has asked you, such as, not wishing to take part in a customer satisfaction questionnaire, so that you are not asked again
- Provide information to allow an optional service to function, such as, watching an online video or commenting on a blog
Targeting or advertising cookies
Targeting or advertising cookies may be used on our website to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. These cookies may collect quite detailed information about your browsing habits across our website (such as which products and services you have clicked on). They may also be used to recognise when you re-visit our website and/or visit a website that is part of one of our advertising partner’s network.
For example, these cookies may be used to collect information about the OXO products and services you have browsed or added to your shopping basket across our website so that:
- OXO can provide you with adverts on their websites for the OXO products and services you have been viewing
- OXO can personalise emails and other direct marketing communications you receive
- Our advertising partners can provide you with adverts on other websites in their advertising network for the OXO products and services that you have been viewing
- We can limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as measuring the effectiveness of an advertising campaign
These cookies may be stored and accessed by OXO and/or our advertising partners.
Third party cookies
Your use of our website may result in some cookies being stored that are not controlled by OXO. This may occur when the Page you are visiting includes content displayed from a third party website, and will result in you receiving cookies from these third party services. However, no personal information will be stored in these cookies, unless you are logged into your account. For example, these cookies may come from YouTube or Facebook
How to adjust your cookie settings
Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
What happens if cookies are disabled?
If you block or erase cookies, we may not be able to restore any preferences or customisation settings you have previously specified, and our ability to personalise your online experience would be limited.